For so many folks who have had joint replacements, like knee and hip replacements, finding the right exercise program after physical therapy can be a daunting task. At Pilates Northwest, we believe starting gentle Pilates as soon as you get the green light to exercise from your medical provider is helpful many ways.
Why Pilates for rehabilitative work?
- Pilates is compatible with Physical Therapy and can be done in conjunction with PT Pilates strengthens the core and spinal stabilizers
- It is integrative, helping the entire body work together
- Pilates focuses on posture, joint alignment, and structural balance The exercises are adaptable for post-op and rehabilitative needs
- Pilates uses controlled and precise movements, ideal for post-surgical needs Joint range of motion can be modified for all Pilates exercises
- Adding strength with flexibility helps muscles work properly Pilates is low impact and low load on the joints
New joint? Let’s start Pilates!
Pilates is a type of exercise that is for everyone. It can be adapted to the needs of the individual. Post- operative needs vary patient to patient. Some start Pilates many years after surgery. They all have different needs that Pilates can fulfill, including:
- Stress reduction and breathing education Balance and coordination improvement Balanced joint function
- Joint stabilizer muscular strength Muscle length and flexibility
- Posture and functional improvement
At Pilates Northwest, we offer private and small group lessons using quality commercial Pilates equipment. We welcome everyone. We have extensive experience with:
- Back and neck pain Forward head posture
- Hip and knee replacements Osteoporosis
- Injury recovery
- Older folks including the senior population The aging athlete
We modify your program to your specific needs. All our instructors are fully certifed, professional, and friendly. Come see the difference of having an experienced, certifed instructor with advanced education can make.